Oxford Global Health and Bioethics International Conference
From Crisis to Wellbeing: Recognizing the power and potential of global health ethics
The Oxford Global Health and Bioethics International Conference takes place every two years. It aims to foster comprehensive multi-disciplinary debate and addresses critically important ethical issues in the conception and implementation of Global Health. #OGHBConf
Dates and venue for 2022
- The conference will take place on Monday 27 and Tuesday 28 June 2022.
- The venue will be Keble College, Oxford. Selected conference sessions will also be available online.
The conference will focus on advancing knowledge and capacity in global health ethics, exploring societal wellbeing and unity at the heart of global health ethics.
It invites innovations in thinking and doing to illuminate a wide range of global ethics challenges and opportunities. We encourage contributions that challenge current methods, structures and systems to achieve positive individual, societal and professional outcomes.
The 2022 conference programme will seek to identify perspectives and capabilities that are both seen and unseen, and ask what we can learn from our recent and distant past to guide our future. It will include keynote speakers, oral and poster presentations, and a Dragon’s Den round, as well as many opportunities for networking, an evening reception and a conference dinner.
Finally, the conference seeks to connect aspirational visions, evidence, and practical solutions – bringing together bioethicists, frontline researchers, health professionals, humanities scholars, policymakers, scientists, and others.
We look forward to welcoming you!
We are inviting submissions that seek to advance knowledge and capacity in global health ethics. We are especially interested in innovations in thinking and doing to illuminate a wide range of global ethics challenges and opportunities.
- The deadline for abstract submission is 15 February 2022.
- To submit your abstract please complete the abstract submission form. You will need to sign in or create an account for your submission.
- At least one author from each submission will need to register to attend the conference if selected for the programme.
If you have any questions about how to submit your abstract please email us at: email@example.com
- Oral Presentation: You will be asked if you would prefer to make your presentation in person at the conference venue, or online as part of the virtual conference.
- Poster Presentation: Posters will be displayed in an online exhibition with opportunities for delegates to share comments and engage in discussions. There will also be an opportunity for you to upload a video along with your poster.
New for 2022
- Dragon’s Den: each successful abstract author will be invited to pitch their project ideas to an international panel, with the possibility of five individuals or teams each winning £2,500 seed funding to help kick start their proposed work. Invitations for submissions will be sent in March 2022.
- Delegate rates and details for how to register will be available here shortly.
Travel bursaries and financial support
We have a limited fund available to provide partial support for delegates who are unable to obtain funding from their institution, to help with their accommodation costs and/or fees. This is intended for delegates from low and middle-income countries, and students.
The following types of support are available:
|Abstract accepted for oral presentation||Abstract accepted as poster|
|UK Students||discounted rate for conference fees||discounted rate for conference fees|
|Students from high income countries outside of the UK||conference fee waiver||discounted rate for conference fees|
|Students and early career researchers* from LMIC||conference fee waiver and 3 nights of accommodation||conference fee waiver|
*early career researchers are defined as up to 8 years from the date of PhD
The deadline for for requests for financial support is 15 February 2022. If you would like to apply, please indicate this on your abstract submission form. All requests for financial support will be reviewed and you will be informed whether your request has been successful by the end of March 2022.
If you have any questions relating to the conference, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org